A Satiny Water-Resistant Zipper Creates the closure and strap of this evening wristlet. Dual Duty XP Fine Sews pucker-free seams in satin
â€¢ Coats Water-resistant Zipper, 7â€ and 14â€
â€¢ Coats Dual Duty XP Fine thread, Black 900 and Hot Pink 1840 (or match to fabric)
â€¢ Satin fabric, Â¼ yd
â€¢ Fusible Interfacing, Â½ yard
1. - Cut two 5 x 9" pieces from both satin and
- Cut one 3" x 9" piece from both satin and
- Cut one 9 x 9 square from satin for lining:
2. Fuse interfacing to the wrong side of satin. This
will be the purse fabric
Note: Thread the machine with matching thread
for construction. When topstitching zipper, thread
the top of the machine with black.
3. Front Pocket: Finish the upper edge (long) with
overlock or zigzag stitch. With right sides up, overlap
edge of zipper tape 1/4" over finished pocket
edge. Topstitch along edge of zipper. Place pocket
on purse front, aligning lower edges and sides.
Machine baste lower edges together. Topstitch upper
edge of zipper tape to purse front.
4. Place the purse front and purse back wrong
sides together. Sew lower edge with a 1/2"seam,
press open. Place purse and lining wrong sides
together. Sew upper & lower edges together with
1/4" seam, Turn to right side & press.
5. Fold purse aligning side seams, right sides
together. Stitch using 1/2"seam allowance. Overlock
or zig zag raw edges. Box corners by aligning
side seam and bottom seam, stitch 1" from point,
across corner. Trim, and overlock or zigzag.
6. Unzip 14" zipper. Over lap one edge of zipper
tape with the finished top edge of purse. The bottom
end of the zipper should extend approximately
1" off the purse. Topstitch starting and stopping 1/2'
from side seam. Repeat on other side. Overlap the
ends of the zipper tape above the top stop and bar
tack in place to form a strap for the purse.